What is it?
The Mission Endowment Fund is intended to provide grants to seminarians, to first call pastors for seminary debt reduction, to rostered and lay people for continuing education, and to new congregation starts and to existing congregation revitalization.
Why is it important?
The high cost of education is no secret. The median indebtedness for a seminarian at graduation is $45,000. Scholarship grants and seminary debt reduction grants allow some relief to the seminarian or first call pastor to better focus on their studies and ministry.
How can I help?
Your designated gift to the Mission Endowment Fund assures that financial assistance will be available in the future. Please prayerfully consider your gift today!
Your gift could enable the Mission Endowment Fund Committee to provide …
- Seminarian Scholarship Grants
for seminarians in the Central States Synod candidacy process
- Seminary Debt Retirement Grants
for first call pastors in the Central States Synod (click HERE for form)
- Continuing Education Grants
for rostered people, professional church workers and lay leaders in the synod
- Grants for New Congregation Starts/Revitalization of Existing Congregations
For more information …
If you have specific questions, please call our ELCA Lutheran Planned Giving regional gift planner at the synod office, 913.948.9701 or 866.915.3548 (toll-free), or email email@example.com.
How to Give
For Online Donations, click button above.
Cash gifts for the Mission Endowment Fund may be sent to the synod office. Make checks payable to Central States Synod, noting “MEF.” Estate Gifts
Consider a deferred gift from your estate. Please consult your attorney or accountant for specific legal or tax advice.
- bequest – specific dollar amount, percentage of the estate
- beneficiary designation on a life insurance policy
- remainder interest of a retirement plan, IRA or Keogh account
- “Payable on Death”
- remainder interest in a charitable life income agreement
- remainder interest in a revocable living trust
- outright gifts of stocks, bonds, real estate
Central States Synod, ELCA
Mission Endowment Fund
21 N. 12th St., Suite 210
Kansas City, KS 66102