- Area Ministry Dean
Rev. Roy Christell
Phone: 636-327-7729; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Area Ministry Chair
Mr. Gene Boecker
Phone: 636-625-1997; Email: email@example.com
- Area Ministry Synod Council Members
Mr. Norm Koch
Phone: 314-921-5434; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Janis Hutchinson
Phone: 636-328-5840; Email: Janishutch@yahoo.com
Lutheran School of Theology, St. Louis Workshop
Leading in Exile: Learning to Lead the Church into a Future Where Nothing May be the Same as Before will be taught by The Rev. Dr. John Bracke, Retired Professor of Biblical Studies at Eden Theological Seminary. It will be offered at Trinity Lutheran Church, 14088 Clayton Road (Hwy. 141 at Clayton Rd.) Chesterfield, Missouri 63017 on Thursday, May 16, 9:00 A. M. to 2:30 P. M.
Judah’s Babylonian exile was a time of ferment and uncertainty that challenged the religious leaders of that time. They not only had to make theological sense of the exile but also had to imagine what it could mean going forward to be God’s people when nothing was likely to be the same as before.
Pastors and denominational leaders in the early 21st century also face a challenging time of ferment and uncertainty. The membership of “mainline” churches continues to decline and the role of religion in society seems to be shifting. Recent surveys suggest that “nones” are the fastest growing religious group in the United States.
This workshop will first explore the meaning of Judah’s exile and the ways Judah’s religious leaders attempted to make sense of it. Theological responses that might be appropriate to interpret the circumstances churches face in the early 21st century will be explored. The day will be concluded by thinking together about the leadership challenges facing pastors as they try to help churches imagine a future where nothing will likely be the same as before.
Lunch is included with tuition of $35. Register online at lststl.org, or by phone at 314-725-9710, or by mail to LST, 6325 Clayton Road, St. Louis, MO, 63117.
Annual Events/Ongoing Ministries
- Annual Business Meeting (Fall)
- Annual Gathering (Spring) – Includes worship, guest speakers, variety of workshops, display tables for AM Coalition, endorsed ministries and other community ministries
- Lutheran School of Theology in St. Louis (LST) offers biblical and theological courses for everyone, from interested lay persons wanting to learn more, to professional church workers and students — Co-directors: Prs. Keith and Penny Holste. Phone: 314.725.9710; Email: email@example.com. Website: www.lststl.org. Download the current course offerings: LST Courses Easter 2013.
- Parish Ministry Associate Program
AM Coordinator: Bud Niebling
Phone: 636-225-7363; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Louis area Christian Links
Our purpose is information sharing in the Christian community. Here, you may publicize your church/parochial school academic, concert, dinner/lunch, drama, education, fundraiser, meeting, reunion, sport, VBS, worship service or other upcoming public events on our calendar. Click St. Louis Area Christian Links.