For a listing of the 2012-13 Area Ministry Visits, CLICK HERE
The areas on the above map are “clickable” — which means that when you click the area it will take you to another page that provides information on that specific Area Ministry. On those pages you will find the Executive Committee members, congregational listings, Area Ministry activities, newsletters, etc.
The Central States Synod is divided into ten Area Ministries. The purpose of Area Ministries is to:
- Strengthen each congregation’s mission in its setting.
- Encourage cooperation among congregations within each Area, especially in witness and service to persons who have no church connection.
- Strengthen the care and nurture of rostered persons and their families.
- Connect congregations, synod ministries and churchwide resources to one another in order to equip laity and rostered persons for ministry.
Executive Committee: Each Area Ministry (AM) has an Executive Committee composed of:
- The Area Ministry Dean (clergy)
- The Area Ministry Chair (lay person)
- The Area Ministry Synod Council member; and
- An At-large member from the Area